Accidents and Personal Injury During the WinterDecember 2, 2016
There have been plenty of dog attacks in the news during recent weeks. Many of these dog attacks happened to children. It is important that your child is protected in the event of a dog attack. Dale Kornreich is an attorney who specializes in personal injury. If your child was attacked, it is important to call a personal injury lawyer immediately and have your child checked by a doctor. Dog attacks can be severe and may leave lasting effects on the child. Not only will they have a fear of dogs, but you will have hospital bills, and time off from work taking care of your child. These are all issues for which you and your children deserve compensation. If your child has not been attacked by a dog, we have information on how to keep them safe.
- Never let your child go up to an unknown dog. Even small dogs can leave lasting scars.
- Teach your child never to hit, yell, or make sudden movements around a dog.
- Ensure your child always asks permission to approach someone’s dog.
- Never run from an aggressive dog. Teach your child to walk away confidently.
- Ensure your child knows to never go near a dog that is eating. Many dogs are food aggressive.
- Teach your child how to gently pet and interact with dogs.
Above are tips to keeping your child safe. If your child is a victim of a dog attack, seek medical attention quickly. It is also important to contact the police and your local animal control. Take photos of the injuries and write down the name, number, and address of the dog’s owner. It is also important to take pictures of the injuries each day, in case they are needed for a claim. Once you have done the above, contact a personal injury lawyer. They will be able to walk you through filing a claim and ensuring you are compensated for your child’s injuries.