What Makes a Worthy Personal Injury Lawyer?February 23, 2016
Spring Time and Motorcycle AccidentsApril 8, 2016
Every day we see accidents as we are going to work, to school, or just doing errands. Automobile accidents are very common, and they are even more common closer to your home. What happens if you are in an automobile accident and you or a family member is injured? The Law Offices of Dale Kornreich offers you some advice and tips if you are on the unlucky end of a vehicle accident.
- At the Scene
- Make sure everyone is safe. Then call an ambulance and the police to come and file a report. You should also take photos and document what happened in detail. Make sure to exchange insurance information with the other party that was part of the accident. What might seem like a minor accident could actually cause major damage to your body. It is very important to be checked out at a hospital.
- Receiving Medical Care
- It is very important to go to the hospital as soon as you can after an accident. You may not have any symptoms, but you could be hurt. It is important if you are hurt, that it is documented for further personal injury claims.
- What to do with your Insurance Company?
- It is important that you contact your insurer as soon as possible to report the accident. You will be assigned a claim number and an adjuster to handle your claim. You will be asked to provide information and may have to do a recorded statement of the accident. If damage was done to your vehicle, someone will come out and assess the damages to your vehicle. You will also want to report the accident to the other driver’s insurance company. It is important that you have a lawyer for this part of the process, as the other company make ask you for statements and authorization to your medical and employment information. You have the right to decline this.
- Contact a Lawyer
- Contacting a personal injury lawyer is very important if you have been injured in a vehicle accident. Your lawyer is there to work as an advocate for you and they will do everything in your best interest. They will handle the insurance companies for you, while you worry about your injuries and your family. A personal injury lawyer will ease the burden of gathering information and other demands that are part of your claim. If you live in the Thousands Oak, CA or surrounding areas, give Dale Kornreich a call today. We specialize in personal injury law and will work hard to ensure you get the best treatment available.